Hey, there’s something you need to know. I only cook once or MAYBE twice a week. That’s all I have time or energy for. It probably looks like I do it all the time, but I’m no superwoman. I just get so excited when I make something yummy that I like to share it with you.
Other things you should know:
- Our house is usually in need of sweeping.
- I neglect my friends and extended family members for long stretches of time.
- We rarely sit at the table and eat together.
- I’m not nearly as busy as most moms on most days. Especially sports moms (or dance dads or tae kwon do nonbinary parental units etc).
- I stink at keeping track of the kids’ schoolwork.
- I don’t have an outside of the house job, and I take a lot of naps when I can.
So when you see food I’ve made or other projects I’m doing, please don’t compare what you do or don’t do with I’ve done. We’re all freaking messes in our own ways. It’s just too easy to curate our apparent lives on social media.